Monday, September 24, 2007

Incessant Rambling ;)

As expected I don't have endless amounts of time to pour into blogging. So, here are some random events that I remember from the last few days. I don't know, just a few things that I feel like writing. So, pardon my incessant ranting or my insensible rambling. I give you a warning. If you do not wish to waste your time, stop reading. If you do, haha, be my guest. :D

Friday marked the day when I discovered all my freakin' mistakes. HAHA. First of all, my friend from the Japanese class (that I call Wi in the previous blog) is Huy (but it is pronounced Hwi, so I am not so deaf after all). Secondly, I discovered I introduced myself to the wrong group of people, thinking they were my learning community. My company is Toyota, and I think I introduced myself to the Chiquitas. It's just funny. And I still don't know my learning community. Oh well. :))

One thing I can't forget was this really embarrassing moment with one of my neighbors. I was waiting for the elevator down at the lobby, and this guy I had met before (in the elevator, too) was waiting with me. So he goes "Hi." So of course, I would say "hi", too. Then he says "Do you remember my name?" and I was like "Uhhh..." then I shook my head. And here I am feeling so stupid, I was so confident that he wouldn't remember mine. So I asked. And guess what? He said "Of course. You are Bambee." I felt so embarrassed that I couldn't remember his name! Haha. Anyway, I asked. He's Dion. And I am damn sure I won't ever forget that. And he's gonna make sure I don't, too. He's gonna ask me again the next time I see him. :))

I went to dinner alone Friday night because my roommates were out. So, I headed for the Center Court (which is our cafeteria here), got my food (which was a plate of salad and went around to look for a seat. One of my neighbors was there, and his friend called my name out loud. So they asked me to sit with them. This guy who called my name out loud was Joe, and I introduced myself to him because he didn't know me. So...

Joe: What's your real name?
Bambee: It's Marie Dhel, and don't ask how I got Bambee.
Joe: How did it become Bambee?
Bambee: *raised eyebrows* It's from the Italian word "Bambina" which means baby girl.
Joe: Really? Is that why Bambi the dear...? *pauses for a long moment* But wait!!! Bambi's a boy!!!
=))
It didn't end there. One of the other football players, Brett, butted in.
Brett: Why would you compare a deer to a human?!

They BOTH missed the point. :))

This weekend was my first UC weekend. I mean with all students present and stuff like that. And I pretty much spent the whole weekend out of the campus, on the golf course, qualifying for our tournament this Saturday in Michigan. And Saturday was such an annoying day. We played for about 6 hours (because we were waiting on practically every hole since the members were SO *emphasize sarcasm* fast). And I had a 9 that day (and pretty much caused a huge delay as well. Sorry for those who played behind us.). I hit my drive twice into the shit; shit being a non-hazard portion where the grass reaches up to my thighs. I was like "I hope I find at least one" and I DIDN'T. Whooooopeee. I had to go back up to the tee and hit a perfect drive into the fairway. Got it on with my next shot, but friggin' 3 putted. Huwaw. A perfect 9. It's annoying since I was 3 under par going to that hole. Ended up with a 74. And by the way, EVERYONE knew about my beautiful 9. EVERYONE. Even the recruits (who conveniently snooped around for my scorecard). So embarrassing. Haha.

I watched my SECOND football game. I wasn't as stupid as before, but still pretty much so. *applause* And I cheered on. OH YEAH. B. E. A. R. C. A. T. S. B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S-Bearcats. *flash a cute, "catty" smile, holding the three middle fingers in a claw-like manner* And the OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH. OHHHHHHHHHHH. OOOOOOOHHHHHHH. UC! Haha. We won, 40-14. As of now, our football team is UNDEFEATED. 4-0. Ohhh Yeaaaaah. ;)

I ate SO much that night. Like 3 slices of Dewey's Pizza (which is just the best!), 2 helpings of salad (with SO much dressing) and 2 Diet Pepsis. Plus the chocolate-cream cheese cake that I don't know the name of. That was a FATFEST.

After the game, the recruits were over. They were really cool, too. I like them both. Kristin is already coming next year, and I hope Laura comes, too. Haha. Stayed up until around 1:30 AM because we talked about all random shit. Like, never mind. It was really funny what we got to talk about. Intimate stuff. :))

Sunday was just another qualifying day that I didn't get to finish because of my freakin' nose bleed. It was bleeding for two holes, which was like 30 minutes. And it wouldn't stop. SO freaky.

Anyway, I went to class today. I was SO tired after my whopping three classes *hurray* so I went back to my dorm room. I was in the elevator with this guy when he suddenly asks if I am a cheerleader (because I was going to practice and I was wearing our sleeveless uniform). Someone mistook me for a cheerleader!!! HAHA.

I have a tournament in Michigan on Saturday. Wish me luck. ;)

No comments: